Champions and Private Sector to hold Dialogue- with Private Sector leaders and SADC region Parliamentarians on shaping partnerships towards ending AIDS by 2030
DATE: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm, November 26, 2015
PLACE: Hyatt Regency Rosebank
Interested media please contact:
Champions Secretariat Gaborone | Makhamokha Mohale | +267 77445592 or +267 74166804; | email@example.com
The esteemed Champions for an AIDS-Free Generation will meet with leaders from the Private Sector and SADC region Parliamentarians in two special Dialogue sessions in Johannesburg on November 26. 2015.
The Dialogues will begin to shape partnerships to Fast-Track the end of the AIDS epidemic as a public health threat and the unique roles that the Private Sector and Parlimentarians can bring to ensure that no one is left behind.
The Champions will be represented by H.E. Kgalema Motlanthe- Former President of the Republic of South Africa, H.E. Olusegun Obasanjo- Former President of Nigeria and H.E. Dr. Speciosa Wandira- Former Vice-President of Uganda.
Champions for an AIDS Free Generation, was first launched in 2008 by His Excellency Festus Mogae, the Former President of the Republic of Botswana. The Champions programme works to ensure that all children are born free from HIV in Africa and that all people have access to quality HIV prevention and treatment services.
- Festus Mogae, former President of Botswana and Chairman of the Champions
- Joyce Banda, former President of Malawi
- Edwin Cameron, South Africa Supreme Court of Appeal Judge
- Joaquim A. Chissano, former President of Mozambique
- Kenneth D. Kaunda, former President of Zambia
- Alpha Oumar Konaré, former President of Mali
- Benjamin Mkapa, former President of the United Republic of Tanzania
- Kgalema Motlanthe, former Deputy President of South Africa
- Olusegun Obasanjo, former President of Nigeria
- Desmond Tutu, Archbishop Emeritus Cape Town and Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Speciosa Wandira-Kasibwe, former Vice President of Uganda
- Miriam Were, former Chairperson of the Kenya National AIDS Control Council
- Hifikepunye Pohamba, former President of Namibia
Champions for an AIDS-Free Generation
The Champions for an AIDS-Free Generation is a distinguished group of former presidents and influential African leaders committed to an AIDS-free generation. Individually and collectively, the Champions rally and support regional leaders towards ending the AIDS epidemic as a public health threat. The Champions transcend political partisanship to speak freely and independently about the issues that need solutions, both publically and behind the scenes. www.aidsfreechampions.org